Tuesday, July 13, 2010

You know you're a biologist when...

...when someone leaves poop on your desk and you get excited !!!

I am yet to see pygmy rabbits (Brachylagus idahoensis), but my coworkers came across a few, and Casey left me this inspirational note.

Pygmy rabbits are the smallest North American rabbit and are the only rabbit in the United States that dig their own burrows. They are found in the sagebrush habitat of the Great Basin and are dependent on sagebrush for food in winter. The pygmy rabbit is currently under review for listing as an endangered species.

Next time I hope to have pictures of the rabbits themselves...not just their poop, described by experts as "similar to what a Tic-Tac looks like end-on" haha !


3 comments:

  1. I remember the days of people leaving poop on my desk.. boy I do miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to remember to bring you some next time I'm in town. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little pygmy poo! I'm just giggling to myself right now, don't mind me.

    ReplyDelete