Thursday, July 22, 2010

We Got One !

There's a bit of a debate in the office, but I'm convinced that this is a pygmy rabbit (Brachylagus idahoensis). We know there are pygmy rabbits in the area because of the proliferation of tiny scat, but there are also cottontails. This rabbit is far smaller than an adult cottontail, but there are babies around this time of year. To me, the eye appears proportionally smaller than that of cottontails, and the ears are rounder and furred. Plus, it's just too cute !

3 comments:

  1. WAY to cute to be a cottontail!!! I'm with you Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen lots of cottontails, and I agree it doesn't have the right proportions(even if it where a baby).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this Lily, the proportions are off for a cottontail and the eye shape and space apart looks gestaltishly not familiar. Also with you on the too cute thing :)

    ReplyDelete