Saturday, June 5, 2010

Spellbinder Books and Black Sheep Espresso Bar

Excuse me, miss. There seems to be a mistake. I ordered the large cappuccino... Hello !

On a lazy Memorial Day morning, Brent and I checked out the Black Sheep Espresso Bar for coffee and breakfast. Thank goodness for local coffee shops ! Tasty breakfast sammiches and quiche, big pretty espresso drinks, free wifi, hip servers, art on the walls. I'll definitely be spending more time here !

The coffee bar is in the back of Spellbinder Books, an awesome independent bookstore. Last time I was in town, I picked up The Good Fairies of New York by Martin Millar as a staff suggestion and loved it. I was laughing out loud by page 3. Along with a good crop of normal bookstore readings, they have an amazing collection of books on the Eastern Sierra. I picked up an autographed copy of Wildflowers of the Eastern Sierra (Lone Pine Publishing) and Brent grabbed Exploring Eastern Sierra Canyons (Bored Feet Press) along with a panoramic of the Valley with the peaks and canyons labeled. Now we're equipped to spend our weekends exploring !

5 comments:

  1. The Lone Pine book is awesome, I love it! I wish they made one about Wildflowers of the Ohio Basin, haha!! Have fun with the flowers...you are in the prime time for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm sure there's something for around there ! Thanks for turning me onto the Lone Pine book. It's already been helpful ! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lone Pine books, but I love more the idea of an independent bookstore. I was so torn up with when the Lioness was lost here in Sac. Plus, I'm digging the shop's name as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well when you come visit, we'll just have to stop by ! =D

    ReplyDelete