Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mammoth Brewing Company

On Sunday afternoon, Brent and I took a trip up to Mammoth Lakes for the Mammoth Brewing Company. It's not a restaurant, just a brewery with a tasting room. Tasting all 10 of their beers was free and delicious ! We particularly enjoyed their pale and IPA. I really like their IPA 395, made with locally grown hops and locally harvested sage and juniper berries. Something we didn't know: Lake Tahoe Brewing went out of business, but Mammoth bought the Tahoe Red recipe so they still brew it under that name. Sad to lose a brewery, but cool that the beer persists ! They have most of their beers in 22s or 6-packs, one variety in cans, some really classy t-shirts, and homebrewing supplies. It's about a 40 minute drive from Bishop, but I plan on making it when I can ! Most likely on 1st and 3rd Wednesdays when they fill growlers for half price. ;) PS Thanks to Cynthia for comping us free welcome magnets ! :) And in Bishop, Whiskey Creek always has 5 Mammoth varieties on tap. If nothing else, I won't go without good beer ! =D

http://www.mammothbrewingco.com/

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing you wax poetic about good brews! The 395 is particularly tasty with that sage heavy in the background of the hops-I'm definitely a fan. I think you could easily wear a sign "Wildlife Biologist: Will Work for Good Beer"

    ReplyDelete