Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Moving and Mule Days

We spent Memorial Day Weekend packing up my furniture, books, and other things I can spend the next three weeks without and moving them into my new apartment in Bishop ! Our local U-haul had two trailers available: one with a picture of puffins and the other with some silly flowers. Our original receipt had us taking the flowery one, but Brent asked if we could take the puffins since I'd commented on it. The man helping us was so amused that he switched it for us, so I had puffins helping me move ! =D


The previous week's snow wasn't enough to keep Monitor Pass closed, so we were able to take highways 50-89-395. The drive really is pretty, especially when you drop down on the east side and pass over the summits along the way. Coming over Conway Summit into the Mono Basin gave us a gorgeous view of Mono Lake.

We were worried that the Mule Days crowds would make the move more difficult, but it seemed like most of the activity was confined to the fairgrounds. We saw a few mules and lots of cowboy hats, but everything went smoothly ! Not much time for nature this trip, but I'll add some restaurant "reviews" in their own posts soon !

And because Carmen asked:

3 comments:

  1. I miss the desert class partially just for the drive over Monitor. I want to see pictures of the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the living room the best...you have exceptional taste!

    ReplyDelete