Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Apartment Adventures !

Finding an apartment remotely is always a challenge. Fortunately there were online lists available from a local realtor and in the local paper classifieds, but after that it was "Call Mike after 5pm." I knew I was going to be in Bishop for some work a couple weeks ago, so I made some appointments to look at a few places that sounded reasonable. Then I found out that some places were already gone and that "new carpet, new paint, new appliances" means no stove or refrigerator. Freaking out a bit, I checked the paper again. I hadn't called a listing that simply read "2-bedroom, upstairs, in town". It turned out to be this awesome place with a huge living room, corner windows, reasonable rent, and a totally nice landlord. She seemed as excited as I was to get the place rented ! Although my lease doesn't officially start until June, she still gave me a key. I'll be moving my furniture and larger things in this weekend ! Memorial Day weekend also happens to be Mule Days, the biggest festival in Bishop. More on that soon ! Oh, and 2-bedroom means come visit anytime !

1 comment: